Cognitive Science Travel GrantsTo facilitate research in the Cognitive Sciences, and to enable Cognitive Science Specialists to acquire the benefits of participating in academic conferences, the Northwestern University Cognitive Science Program is making available travel grants of $500 to attend conferences relevant to Cognitive Science.
These grants are awarded on four separate deadlines, one each quarter. The number of travel awards given out over the year will not change. Specific deadlines will vary on a year-to-year basis; please email the Program Assistant (email@example.com) for the precise date. In general, these deadlines are:
- Fall Quarter: End of November
- (for conference acceptances September/October/November)
- Winter Quarter: End of February
- (for conference acceptances December/January/February)
- Spring Quarter: End of May
- (for conference acceptances March/April/May)
- Summer Quarter: End of August
- (for conference acceptances June/July/August)
The following qualifications apply to these awards:
- The student must be a Cognitive Science Specialist.
- The conference should pertain to Cognitive Science:
- Interdisciplinary conferences such as Cognitive Science are included. In addition, conferences that focus on a particular discipline within Cognitive Science—e.g., Psychonomics, AAAI, AERA, LSA, the Boston University Conference on Language Development, etc.—are also included.
- The student’s work must have already been accepted. The student may be presenting their work either as a paper or poster (as appropriate for the conference). Funds for merely attending a conference will not be awarded. All else being equal, preference will be given to first-authored presentations.
Finally, each Cognitive Science specialist may only submit one Travel Grant application proposal during the current academic year. Furthermore, if there are more submissions than available awards for a given cycle, preference will be given to students who did not receive a travel award in the previous academic year.